Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Jo-Ann Quilt Your Colors Quilt Contest 2010

I chose to enter the Jo-Anns Quilt your colors 2010 quilt contest. This will be my 3rd quilt I have made. The pink Siamese cat print was my focal fabric to work around. So became the Tic Tac Groovy Cat quilt. I designed the pinwheels and cat face appliques with borders to make up the Tic Tac grid. I still wanted the little cats from the print to have a place. I fussy cut and fussy cut til I had the squares and more borders to my likening.

I watched a you-tube on scalloped borders so I decided to try that as well. I am learning embroidery with my big Bernina so I printed the quilt name, date and my name on the large cat applique on the back.

For machine quilting I had stitched in the ditch and did some free motion quilting on the outside border. Having just had carpel tunnel surgery on both hands just before the contest ended I had to leave well enough alone.

The last day to mail the entry was on 12/18/2010. I ran out of photo paper and had to go to the local print shop. I lost my car keys while I shopped waiting for the pictures. Found my keys back at the photo shop. As I quickly stuffed the photos in to the entry package... I see the full view shot had the top and bottom edges cut off. Oh well.... off to the Post Office. Done Done ~!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

O M G!!!! I can't believe this is only your third quilt! Astonishing and just so darn cute! Good luck!